Robin's Nest

Monday, March 20, 2017

What Do You Think?



For years I have loved statistics and those wonderful pie charts that come from them. I would really like to do one of those surveys.  Never done something like this and maybe it would straighten me out some. No, I didn’t think so either.  The one I was putting in my mind was to find out how we come across with people. What do people see in us is a great questions. What characteristics are seen in us by all those thousands of people who have known us over the years?
I thought about this again last night as I did one of those interesting quizzes you sometimes get on line. You answer questions and after doing all of them, they tell you about who you are. Might has something to do with Sigmund Freud, I don’t know. Each time it told me something about myself. But then I thought, is this what people think I am?
The latest one, which I didn’t take part in, was to put down one word to describe the person that sent you this Facebook post. Now, again my mind started analysing. Wouldn’t those that answer only be people that can be polite and put down something positive? Or would some people just neglect to tell the truth? 
Many years ago I was contacted by the research lab a McMaster University. They had this contraption gave two choices. The other person’s choice was to get the maximum or the same as me. Mine was, do I help him get the maximum or, the same as me. It didn’t take us long until we figured it out and I started giving him all the money. After it was over, he left with $75 and I left with $15.
On my way out, I told the tech, “I’m a giving type”. Didn’t mess up the results but two people went away happy, the one with the money and the person that gave it to him.
I again thought about this experiment that I was considering. Then I realized, it’s not what people think of me that is important, it’s what God thinks of me because eventually I want to hear His words, “Well done good and faithful servant ... enter into the joy of the Lord.”
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home