Robin's Nest

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Sun Came Out

Image result for Just as Jesus had a journey, so do weI keep telling people, "Have a great day". Maybe it's the optimist in me. We would all love to have a life filled with good to great days. But, sometimes, no matter how positive we are, we don't have much control on life and those times are not good days. In fact some people when their day has been decidedly terrible, want to sit down and read that wonderful kids book, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". We all have them. Doesn't matter where you are in life, life sometimes comes and kicks you in the shin.
This week was one of those weeks for me. Never do we want to be in the place of losing someone. We don't have a say in this and God doesn't ask our permission. It's out of our control. The more I thought about it the better I began to feel. Yes, we lost a wonderful friend. They will be missed.  Almost everyone who is reading this will know what I mean. We can relate with each other. For some reason, sorrow and lose brings us together, and that is wonderful.
While driving at the end of the week, when things got back to almost normal, my mood began to change. The more I thought about it, the more I smiled and then out of the blue I started to sing, (no one else in the car to ask me to stop), "When we all get to heaven, What a day of rejoicing that will be, When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory". We always say we have lost someone but that is not entirely true. And that is when it all came together and I thanked God for reminding me. If we believe that Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us who believe in Him, then we look at loss differently. Those who are in Christ have been assured a place in Heaven. And, if that is true, and I believe it is, then we will not only see each other again, but will forever be together. Jesus still turns the water into wine and rain into sunshine.
This leaves me with an important question for all us still here. How many of the people that you know, do you want to take with you to heaven?
Something to think about
Rob
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home