Robin's Nest

Saturday, January 28, 2017

One Liner



If you follow me on face book you would know I post all kinds of "One Liners".  Some are funny but hold an amazing message. Many people let me know they liked it by clicking on 'like'. Had someone reply to a serious one this week, with the line many of you know, "Something to think about". Made me smile. You know why.
There are also many that talk to that people you know and I know (read that, all of us) that just need a lift. Here is an example: People don't need a hand out, they need a hand up. Most people when they read these types of lines think of one of two things. They either think of themselves or they think of someone else that needed a life today. If for themselves they take inventory. They muse about their life and where they have been, how they made it until today and then start dreaming about tomorrow. You might say, good, and you are right. Our total life is a kaleidoscope of people and things that either contributes to the amazing world we live in or it shows how much we take from this world. I know, I just got you thinking.
The last types of “One Liners” that I post are, shall I say, painful. These particular lines talk about how well we are doing as a Christ follower? More than taking inventory, we come face to face with our short comings in living out our faith. We know these failures as we compare ourselves to the ideal we believe we should seek to live.
Unfortunately, none of us are perfect. Every one of these lines are there not to injure us, embarrass, or even to make us have regrets. They are there to help us grow in our faith and closer to the God who wants nothing but the best for us. It's a strange world we live in and the most meaningful relationship I want to have is with my heavenly Father who will use one liner to help me get better and better each and every day as we get closer and closer to Him.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home