Robin's Nest

Monday, January 09, 2017

STOP - Red Light



It was cold this morning a 4:42. I just pulled out of the driveway and set the car on auto-pilot to get me to the office. Even though the temperature outside was warmer than yesterday, I still felt cold, very cold. This began the thirty-six minute drive, or so I thought. The first light was red as I took notice of the temperature gauge just starting to creep up. At the next red light, I turned up the fan speed and finally felt something resembling warmth coming out of the dash vents.
The next red light I turned the fan down and changed the radio channel to escape those inane commercials. Time to settle in following another red light before the highway. It was uneventful until I turned off the highway. It was only then that I realized that every light this morning was red when I approached it. Just so you know, it didn’t end there. It seemed every light on this drive was red.
As I sat gathering my thoughts after the forty-four minute drive, I realized that we have red lights in our life as well. Sometimes they come fast and furious and we wish something would go right for us so we can sail along. But no, they keep coming and to me that is not something I view as normal and real. I believe God puts red lights in our lives to keep us safe from all the dangers life tries to throw at us. I have had lots of red lights in my life just like you. Been frustrated at them and even pounded on the imaginary steering wheel. And every time I look back at them with 20/20 vision, I see in those moments God was protected me, and you. Think of this the next time you are stopped at a red light, when you are in too much of a hurry and God changes the light to red to keep you safe.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home