Robin's Nest

Saturday, January 28, 2017

God Said Do It!



Have you ever noticed that there are a lot of people out there that can’t get their minds off of the things they are told they cannot do?  It’s true, tell a child they are not to go in the living room and it won’t be very long until they have the toe of their shoe inside the door. Tell a young driver that you always have to obey the speed limit. If they did we wouldn’t have police lying in wait for them to go speeding by.  You can even tell a very motivated individual they can’t do some task and they will take it as a challenge. Then they will prove you wrong.
A long time ago, and I mean long, people believed that the tomato was poison. Nobody ate them. No one wanted to die. Well, one day they told someone that same line and, and, that person picked one and ate it. Now tomatoes are the number one vg (read that fruit) that is eaten today. I am blown away that the inventor of the bullet proof vest, was the first person to put it on for testing. (pun intended).
Personally I have had a terrible time with this all my life. Even as a teen I didn’t like the idea of how church was always telling me what not to do. Don’t dance, don’t smoke, don’t don’t don’t. Maybe that’s why people left over the years?
This all changed when I went off to Bible College where for the first time I found out something wonderful. The bible is actually filled to overflowing with do’s. “Seek Him and you will find Him” It even tells us to sing – and I can’t sing! Our bible is there to help us get though life with the least amount of scars. God does it by telling us to do the things that will keep us safe. Now, go out there and do something.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home