Robin's Nest

Monday, January 16, 2017

Fog Lights & No Fog



This morning I saw something I have never seen before. Now I have seen lots of lights on my early morning commute before, but not like this. It was a pickup of some kind. My mind was thinking GMC. But here they were coming at me with a huge bar of lights attacked right across on the bumper. Really? Does anyone need that much light? Especially if they are amber.

Now I have seen lots of fog lights on in my time, and mostly when there has never been a hint of fog. It’s almost as if those drivers want to show off how many lights they have and blind everyone coming their way. It was to say the least an unusual sight to see this amber light bar. It even made me smile.

I started thinking as I continued to drive, how much light do we need to get through life. Sometimes we go through fogs and blinding windblown snow and we need that extra light. We call out to God and He sends us Jesus who is described as the light of the world. I even found myself singing the song that goes like this: “Shine, Jesus, shine,  Fill this land with the Father's glory”. We live in a very dark world. A world where we turn a corner and darkness envelops us. He is our guide and light.

Another time, in the Bible Jesus tells us, we are the light, we are actually called by Him to be the light for others as they go through dark times. You see, His light in us is how we navigate through life and help others who don’t have the light of Christ in them yet. Here’s the verse, “You are the light of the world. . . let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

I’m reminded of a time when the electricity in our house went out. It did that with regularity and my parents would fumble along to find the candles and matches. They lite that first candle and from its flame continue to light other candles all around the house. That’s what we do as the church. Jesus is the light of the world, do you pass His light around?

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home