Robin's Nest

Monday, March 27, 2017

Tea For Two?



While making tea for the folks at church I noticed something unusual.  We had a lot of boxes of tea that seemed to have been around the church for a long time.  And just like at home, I decided to check for an expiry date. One particularly old looking box, failed to have an expiry date so in my wisdom I tossed it. It must have come to the church before everything had to have an expiry date.  This had me wondering how long you could keep tea around.  Turns out, after doing a computer search, tea is good for up to eighteen month. That had me looking at other boxes. I found another one that was due to expire Aug 25 2013. Was it still good? I didn’t check, gone.
Later that day, while at the store I bought a new box of tea. When I picked it up off the shelf, I looked to see if there was a date on it. After all, aren't all items supposed to have expiry dates? Well, the only date I could find at first was, "Since 1837". I looked again and found Sept 2018. Perfect.
For those people who buy in bulk, maybe there are times when we just need to buy a box of tea that will be finished by its expiry day.  I’m reminded that there are items in our lives that never have an expiry date. Our bible doesn’t expire, it’s always the same, updated to our modern language is all. Love for friends and family never expires. Sometimes it’s strained but we still love them. Not to sound morbid, but we all have an earthy expiry dates. God takes care of that one. But then, He also gives us the free gift of eternal life. When we accept the Lord Jesus Christ into our hearts and receive forgiveness of our sins through faith by grace, then yes, we will not have an expiry date. My bible tells me that we will be transformed, in the twinkling of an eye to eternal life with God in heaven. Do you want to live forever? Just accept Christ into your life because that’s . . .
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home