Robin's Nest

Monday, December 05, 2016

Plum Pudding & All That Stuff



Are you counting the days yet? When you read this, take stock of what you need to get done and make a plan. The old saying is true, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. Go ahead; tell me I’m too organized. Not true or my desk would be clean and everything would have a hiding place. But it is true that you need to plan if you want to get everything done that you need to get done. So, let’s get started.
Here is my own personal plan. Well, not all of it but you will get the picture as you continue to read. My first priority is to make a list. I have it here right in front of me. Number one on the list is to get done the errands that Deb called me about. Then I write all fifty of them in order of importance. MMM, wonder why I’m not right there at the top of her list. Oh well. Remember, you also need to set a time and date that things need to be done.
The list includes presents to go shopping for, decorations to put out, people to call, parties to attend, emails to go out, even the odd snail mail Christmas Card. Ops, almost forgot that one. Then there is putting things away, wrapping all those gift cards, ha – gotcha. Here is one many people forget, plan for the unexpected. If you noticed there is a form of importance and an order of how things get done efficiently. It’s done just like house work, which by the way, is on the list. My house work has an order of starting at the top and works down with bathrooms last.
So with all our preparations. Ops, forgot the plum pudding. Boy am I glad I started this article.
So with all our preparations, we may end up done before time runs out. If you plan and plan well, you will be done well ahead of time giving you some well-earned time to relax, put up your feet and have a hot cup of apple cider as you watch, “It’s A Wonderful Life. Oh, almost forgot something. Plan your celebration around more than just a list of things to get done. Add to the celebration the person that this celebration is all about. Spending time with Him be more than an entry on a ‘To Do List’. Spending time with Him needs to be a life commitment. May we always have time for Him every day. After all, isn't this a party for Him.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home