Robin's Nest

Monday, June 11, 2012

I Really Love You

I’m guilty. Yes I am. Not happy about it. And I think I’m not alone. Oh, there are times that I’m better at it than others. Reflectively I also know I’m not good at all some of the time. You might think I’m talking about being loveable, but I’m not. I could. I could say there are times I’m not the easiest person to get along with. Also knowing there are moments when I’m the most lovable person you have ever met. Or so we think. HA, did you notice I changed it to reflect about each and every one of us, and not just me?

But that is not where I am going today. After worship on Sunday I had time to think more about what God had been saying to each of us. The verses, if you would like to look them up are; Luke 10:25-28. In those verses we read about how we need to feel about God. I originally asked myself about this when God prompted me to select this passage. I asked myself how I measured up. And it wasn’t a pretty picture. The question is not am I lovable, but, how loving am I? Loving in the deepest sense of the word. That down deep in my heart and soul and mind. Do I love with a super human strength? Or am I just getting by? And more than my love for God, do I love one person and not another?

The truth is, I’m guilty. Not only in loving my neighbour, who is anyone I come in contact with, but, and this is the larger BUT! Do I love God as much as I know I should? Go ahead, say it with me, ‘There are things I need to work on’. Oh we do the best we can. Or is it we do the best we know? There are times I need to shut off the computer, put down the paper, close the book, turn off the tv. There are times I need to sit in the middle of the road watching in amazement as I observe the indescribably beauty of the sunrise He put in front of me. When I need to remind myself He painted those colours for Himself and decided to share it with me. You’re right, it’s a life change. It’s giving God supreme priority in my life.

When we all reach out, higher, deeper, fuller and further to feel and experience God’s love coming at us, when we reach out to Him, we will reap the benefits of having true and abiding love spill over into our everyday lives. Then and only then will we begin to love others more and love them with an unquestionable love. Something like God does to us?

Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home