Robin's Nest

Monday, May 14, 2012

What Will You Be Wearing?

I was just getting comfortable in my seat last Saturday afternoon. We had just made a mad dash from one plane to the next and had settled into our seats. Relaxing, I started my usual pastime of watching people. No, not size or shape or looks or stuff like that. I just watch people, how they go about doing what they are doing. It’s always interesting to watch the other passengers come through the exit door, should call it the entrance door, but I will save that for another time.

Some will come on and look for the row number and then plunk themselves down. Others, over burdened by carry-on luggage, a purse, coffee cup and six kids in toe, will look frazzled and just look like they want to get this trip over with. Most just come aboard, find a place above their heads to stow the one carry on and settle into their seat. I know, and so do you, they all have a story. Behind each set of eyes dwells a person who in some ways feel they are just coming or going. When I walk through the exit door, I try to look at each person as I walk by. Sort of a polite way of saying hello without saying anything.

Back to the story. While watching new passengers coming on I saw something I have never seen before. She entered the emergency exit door and stood there just long enough to get her bearings and then started to make her way through the cabin. Like most women, she had a small carry on and a purse that looked like she hadn’t left much behind. In her mid-twenties, she stood tall and appeared to know to some degree where she was headed. But that wasn’t what caught my attention. It was on her head. There, a bit tilted to one side was, wait for it, a tiara. Yes, you are reading that right.

At first I thought, how strange and then I thought, maybe she forgot about it and didn’t realize she was still wearing it. Or maybe she won it, or it was placed there by a child and she wanted it there to remember that moment for just a little while longer. After she passed I sat there in silence, smiling to myself, filled with all kinds of wonderful thoughts of what that tiara could mean and represent. Before I could notice much more, the cabin door was closed and we were pushing away from the terminal.

I thought of her again today when a question came across my screen. It asked, “What one thing do you think God will ask us about our life as we arrive in heaven?” I know the person asking that is searching for something about what we did with our lives, what we accomplished Him, how many people have we impacted for Christ and brought with us to heaven. Those may be some of the questions we do have to answer but the person asked what the most important question will be. Then I remembered that lady and realized there is only one question He will first ask, “What did you do with My Son?” You will be asked and so will I. What happened before we get there will be over, finished as Jesus said. When we say to God, we accepted Jesus as our saviour; He will place upon our heads a crown of life. We are encouraged by the scriptures to keep the faith until the very end and then to receive this crown.

Maybe when I get to heaven my crown will be a little lopsided too. But I will wear that crown because Christ lives in my heart now and forever. How about you?

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home