Robin's Nest

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Winds of God



I’m afraid to say it but fall is in the air, and the winds of time are changing. Believe it, it’s great to be alive inside and out as the winds in life blow. Just last night as I lay thinking about how amazing Sunday was, a familiar sound began to fill the room. Off in the west I could hear the faint sound of the train coming our way. It doesn’t get close to our home but on occasion, when the wind blows in the right direction we hear it as if it’s a couple of blocks away. All this because the wind carries the sound through the night.
The pull of that amazing 6000 horsepower diesel-electric engine and the sound of its air horn at every crossing invade the room. I can close my eyes and see it as if I’m standing right beside me as it speeds past. What an experience. Maybe if you close your eyes and imagine, you will see it for yourself, clickity-clack.
God does the same thing you know.  He uses the wind to make us, to change us and to guide us. We just have to feel it blowing our way. God did it with the disciples when the wind filled the room and the Holy Spirit came for the very first time. “Do It Again”. The verses that really strike home with me are the ones found in Psalm 104. Listen to them and again, imagine the wind blowing and you hear the voice of God speaking to you. You will never feel the wind in the same way ever again. “Do It Again”.
Praise the Lord, my soul. . .
He makes the clouds his chariot
    and rides on the wings of the wind.
He makes winds his messengers,
    flames of fire his servants.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home