Robin's Nest

Monday, August 31, 2015

Opening a Door



Saw something this past week that made me think of how the world is again changing in so many small ways. No, not something so revealing that it would make you stare and say ‘wow’.  Just something that caught my attention and I thought how unlike us when we were young.
We were having a planning meeting for the next little while here at the church. We met in a coffee shop, and not the one you think. Talking about platforms, styles, examples, and. . . . and I notice a mother and daughter walking in. What happened startled me. I guess I’m old. The mother opened both doors for the daughter who was, I assume, texting. The young lady walked through the first door and waited for mom to open the second door. WHAT! We went back to our discussion as I was shaking my head.
No sooner were we engrossed in this upcoming year when, wouldn’t you know it, it happened again. This time the daughter was not texting or anything. Walks up to the door and waits for the mom to open the door. Moves to the next one and does the same. What's with that? I guess our world is indeed changing. I remember that I opened the door for my mom or I would hear about it in front of a whole bunch of people.  Her way of doing that would be saying very loudly as she waited for me, “WELL?”
But as I sit here I think of another door we do need to open for our children. It’s helping our children with opening the door to their hearts to Jesus. Yes, in Revelation 3 it says that Jesus stands at the door of our heart and knocks. He will indeed come into our hearts as we can all attest to. But maybe there are those moments when He uses us to help our children recognizing who is knocking. Then we gently help them open the door to their hearts for Him. I’ll gladly do that anytime.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home