Robin's Nest

Monday, July 27, 2015

Too, Too Early, But Right On Time

God woke me up way too early this morning. What’s with that? It wasn’t too hot. The pillow felt good propping up my head. I didn’t even have my usual dream before waking. I just woke up. So I knew it had to be Him. After all, there were way too few hours between closing my eyes at 10:10 and when they popped open when there was no movement on the street below. I even looked around the room but didn’t see Him, but He was there.
Like many of you, I lay there for a number of minutes just hoping that sleep would again envelop me. I even asked Him to let me have at least another half hour. When it didn’t happen, I finally threw back the covers and gave in to Him. I don’t know if He wanted to talk to me or if He just wanted some company. Doesn’t matter. It wasn’t long before I was in the car and driving to work and asking Him, as I popped a cd sermon in by Steve Brown, “What’s up ?”
Then I knew why. It wasn’t anything earth shattering. The two of us just started to talk, or should I say, I began to talk. You need to know that I keep my eyes open when I pray and drive at the same time. He understands. We talked about my friend who just lost someone special, I asked Him to take care of the family and friends. Then prayed for a friend who is about to lose someone close. More and more people came to mind. I took time to pray for each one. People who had a first love of Him but were slowly drifting away. Others who love Jesus but . . . I prayed for those who come to church and those who stay away. (Just an aside, some preachers wonder why their people don’t come to church anymore. They think it’s their fault.) As I began to pray for them and their monumental decision, He reminded me of a friend of ours who lost her battle and now stood in His presence. It made me smile. Next I asked Him to watch over an individual who wrote me about how can they give their life to Jesus. He will.
My doctor told me a while ago, “You’re at that age you know.” Thanks Mary. I needed to hear that. Seems like only yesterday my prayers centred on praying for people to find Jesus. I’m still doing that but now I pray more that He will be with those who are not finding life so easy. People who have health issue, those worried about spouse, their children and grandchildren. We are praying for people struggling to have five dollars left over at the end of the week so they can put it in the offering plate. Even prayed for those individuals that were also lying awake, starring at the ceiling as the clock clicks the numbers 3:43am.
As I write this, I’m still praying. God hears mine and He hears yours as well. I'm so glad He is there for all of us, aren’t you?
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home