Robin's Nest

Monday, August 17, 2015

Wallpaper?



Human activity and what happens in living life seems to always give us pause. Why is life the way it is? What comes our way changes us, directs us and moves us from where we are to where we would like to be next. On occasion, it’s not where we would like to be at this juncture in time but we have to live with it. This leads me to a question many of us think about in those quiet moments when peace reigns supreme. Here you have it for this week. What’s the most important thing in your life at this moment?
Now don’t just give a pat answer. Think about it for more than a second. But in that second did you say, family? Thought you might. Someone once said that family is number one. If that is true, how true is it when another person said: “What takes up your time is what rules your life.”? HHmmmm. In our modern society we discover so many conflicting phrases. So much so we get very confused on what changes us, directs us or moves us forward. So, what’s important in your life?
I have an easy test that tells you what’s important in your life. Are you ready? What picture do you have on your computer for your wallpaper? Yes, it can be as simple as that. Now don’t get me wrong. We change our picture many times. And I believe it is changed when we move from where we have been to where we are right now. Case in point; for the last year or so, I have had a picture of the outside of the church on my church laptop. Every time I turned on that computer, the first thing that stared me in the face was the church. Just recently while searching for some pictures I went to google images and typed in my life verse. “The Joy of the Lord…” One of the first pictures I saw was a robin on a fence post surrounded by this Neh. 8:10 verse. I knew that it needed to be my wallpaper for right now. For many reasons I won’t get into right now.
At home it’s very different and I change it about once a month. Many times it is a verse of scripture that is talking to me and I need to look at it long and hard. Sometimes it’s a line that haunts me in those long dark nights. Most of all, it’s people, family, friends, who I just want to see their face as I talk with them on the phone. Lastly, my wallpaper reminds me that my Father in heaven is there in the room with me. Even in the simple wallpaper of a verse and a picture of a robin.
What picture is on your computer?
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home