Robin's Nest

Monday, July 13, 2015

Uncertain?

Life is very different today. You can’t just send your young kids out on the street to play anymore. And take that car commercial where the fellow drives to the end of the driveway to get his paper.  Now really. Then there is knowledge. It would take you more than a lifetime to read all the books that will be printed just today. That’s scary.
Life is changing and we have to “change with the times”. I hate that line but I would have to say it’s probably truer now than at any other time in history.  Just so you know, we can never go back. Which makes me think of all the electronic stuff. It's so far ahead of me I don’t try anymore. I noticed this morning when I turned on my computer people had been on all during the night. Used to be you got up to make the trip and then back to bed. Now people stop to check their emails at 3:10 am… Now really.
Other changes were never more evident than what I noticed this morning while driving to work. I watched a franticly nervous, skinny scared squirrel try to cross the road. No, not just any road which years ago would be pretty easy for them but this was an eight lane road. There were four cars at the intersection waiting for the light to turn. The other drivers didn’t see the scenario I watched as this little guy stopped for a moment and stood on his back legs hoping to get a better view of which way to go. Ever felt like him? Sometimes our lives are just like his as we try to just get across our roads. As we drove off, I took notice that he did indeed get across four lanes. What happened after that is anyone’s guess.
But that is how life is today.  As a person of faith I know there is only one constant in this life and that is Jesus Christ. In the changing uncertainty of life Paul’s words found in Hebrews give me pause; “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever”. He died for everyone who has ever lived or will ever live. He came to bring to us the knowledge of an unchanging God who loves us, especially when we stand up on our shaky legs to frantically look at which way to go. As for me, I will follow Him. After all, when we don't know which way to go in this everchanging uncertainty of life, I know, "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life".
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home