Robin's Nest

Monday, July 06, 2015

FWD This



The majority of those reading this have an email address. Basically it’s a place where anyone you know can write you without having to pay eighty five cents for a stamp and you get it within a mille-second. And it’s great or may I say, wonderful to get something from someone you know.
Just like yesterday for me when a close friend emailed me to let me know what is happening with the forest fires in northern Saskatchewan. If you didn’t know I lived in Sask at one point in my life. Pray for those living there and all that it means to have a fire burning near their homes.
But, we all get other emails from people we know. They are called forwards or fwd. for short. Most of the time they are enlightening, humourous or just plain ‘good to know’. And then there are others that not only fit into the above categories, but include an encouragement to pass it on because something wonderful will happen to you because you pass it on to ten more people.
WAIT A MINUTE! The latest one said a miracle will happen within 24 hours because I hit the fwd.-send button???? Let me reassure you, Bill Gates is not going to send you flowers. Microsoft is not going to pay your credit card bill and surely, you are not going to win the lottery because you hit the send button and sent the fwd. on to ten people.
The truth be told, the only miracle that is going to happen is, those ten people won’t be angry with you for sending a fwd. to them that tells them to fwd. it to ten more people.  Just so you know, if I do like the email, and think it would be something I would send on to someone, I delete the line about the miracle and just send it. The next morning a miracle still happens when I wake up in the morning.
Another thing. You want to see a miracle happen, send someone an email that talks about how your life was changed by Jesus Christ. How He was asked by God to step forward into time and come to die to pay the debt of our sin. Without hesitation, He came and He paid it all for all of us – that my friend is a miracle. When Christ steps into your life He changes it. You become a new person, a better person. One who demonstrates the love of Christ that is shown to you as you now show it to others.  When someone’s life is changed by Christ, it’s a real life-changing miracle.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home