Robin's Nest

Monday, June 15, 2015

Just Smile



We welcome many things each spring. We smile at the first sight of the perennial plants and flowers, grass that needs to be cut, nurseries to visit and annuals to plant. We also smile at the arrival of migrating birds (ie seeing our first Robin) and butterflies. Lucky for us we get to hear, each wonderful early spring morning, the chirping birds singing out their mating call. My brother yells at them at 5 am when they wake him up from a good dream. This only started once he was retired. You might yell as well.
I actually love to hear their song while it’s still dark. It seems to gently wake me. It also lets me know something was up before me. The sights and sounds of spring & then the summer bring wonderful things for us. Some believe the evidence of new life all around us warms our hearts and makes up smile more. Is that what happens to you? Do you smile because of singing birds, or fluttering butterflies? Is it the beauty of new beginnings in nature or is it just the weather? We Canadians are fixated on weather…. But that’s another story for another time.
What makes you smile? I remember back a long time ago when I smiled like never before or since. It was the spring of my spiritual life. I was born again. Christ came and made His home in me. It was a new beginning, a new start. Forgiveness came through His grace and I smiled. Maybe that is why we smile in spring. It is the new beginning in God’s creation that reminds us of His new beginning in us.
Something to think about. Something to smile about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home