Robin's Nest

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Ten What?



Do you ever wonder where we get some of our laws in this country?  Most laws are there to keep us safe. “Walk on the left facing traffic comes to mind”. But did you know that you can’t drag a dead horse down Yonge Street in Toronto on a Sunday?  Didn’t know that.

We have had laws since the beginning of time. Probably started when two neighbours fought over a property line. But then again, we just need to go back to the bible and discover that God started with the laws of nature before we started getting annoyed at what someone else was doing. Makes me think of that Canadian City that doesn’t allow anyone to whistle in public. I guess the seven dwarfs would be in trouble there.

Some very serious laws really get me scratching my head. There are places where you cannot plead guilty for a crime you committed. Who thought that one up? Someone has to get paid to prove you did what you did. Really? There are other laws in places of the world where you may not be guilty due to insanity. I often wonder with that one, whose definition of insanity is used and how easy is it to use that law?

I’m so glad I have my Bible. I find in there so much black and white. Doesn’t seem to be any wavering in those Ten Commandments.  As we used to say, ‘they are not suggestions’.  I believe God knew us so well, He instituted the laws of the bible to protect us all from ourselves. He wants the best for us and lets us know what that is. Way back when I was a kid, we “learned from the “Good Book” and were taught the golden rule.

I also believe we need to take responsibility for our actions now, today, because, one day, when we stand before God, there will be no excuses.   When I did something wrong as a kid, my parents made me ‘face the music’. One day, we will stand before a loving Father. How will you plead then? Lastly, at Easter, Jesus paid it all, and He will plead our case!

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home