Robin's Nest

Monday, March 02, 2015

Good Job!



Most of us love compliments. We even love encouragement once and a while. Tell a child what they have just done is wonderful and they will ‘do it again’. Do it too much and they will do mediocre work. Just as children need both of these so do we.
Heard a story of a fellow being called in to do a project for a client. When he was finished he presented the final draft to the gentleman, only to be asked, “Is this the best you can do?” The fellow went back and worked diligently again. Again, when he presented it to the client, he was asked, “Is this the best you can do?” Once more he went back and sweated over it again and again. When he was finished this third time he went and heard the line once again. “Is this the best you can do?”
His reply was he had worked as hard as he could and yes he thought it was the best he could do.  This time the client replied, “The first time I saw it I thought it was very good. But what I was looking for from you, is that you believed it was the best you can do.”  Maybe that is what we lack in our lives. Too many times we do things and slide back. We take one step forward and go two steps back. We might even say it’s good enough.
Many of you know that my theme in life is, “Good Enough is not Good Enough”. At one time I was part of my own discouragement. I did enought to just get by. Remember, I’m not one looking for compliments, I changed back then and started looking to be the best I can be. Sometimes that’s hard and other times I’m just pleased that I took two steps forward and slide back one. When this happens I smile to myself and sing that old song; Give of your best to the Master;
“Gratefully seeking to serve Him,
Give Him the best that you have.”
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home