Robin's Nest

Monday, January 26, 2015

NICE!

Way too early this morning to be outside fumbling for my keys at minus ten degrees Celsius. I reminded myself that this is how it is. Can’t sleep, things to do, articles to write and places to go and people to see. For a moment I stood there looking up at the starry night. It looked amazing as wafts of clouds scurried by. Almost silent, with the exception of the odd car going by, and I thought to myself, ‘Nice’.
As I pulled out of the driveway on dry roads, I had no idea what was ahead of me. Two blocks down the street a Jack rabbit sprinted across the road in front of me. I thought, ‘Nice’, but why is he up so early? As I turned the bend on the QEW at Guelph Line, the snow started coming and coming faster as I drove east. Things were changing quickly as I took the car off cruise and joined everyone else by slowing in relations to the heavy squall. I thought to myself, ‘Not nice’.
The cackling radio kept us up to date on the snow. “Going north away from the lake is much better”, they kept repeating. Maybe better but still snow was what I was thinking. Well, it was better, and it was still snowing as I continued working my way north on Bronte Road and coming up on Upper Middle. There I was interrupted by what appeared to be a dog trotting in my lane headed in the same direction. As I came closer I realized it wasn’t a dog but what I believe to be a fox. Just short of two car lengths behind him, he turned, saw me and turned to cross over the medium into the south bound lanes. I thought to myself, ‘Nice’.
I parked here at the church, got out of the car and just stood there as the snow continuing to come down. I noticed once again how quiet it is when snow falls. I stood smiling to myself for another minute or so in the cold frigid morning air enjoying the quiet. "Be still and know that I am God". is what He said. Now I knew why He woke me early. I thanked God for the drive and those things that He put in my path to cause me to think again, ‘Nice’.  It’s already a nice day for me, how about you?
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home