Robin's Nest

Monday, March 21, 2016

Oh, Just Forget It.



Something bothering You? Do you lay in bed rehashing all your mistakes? It may be that you ask yourself many questions similar to ‘was that a mistake to do this or speak up when I should have listened or just kept my thoughts to myself?’ Are there nights when what you did keeps coming back and you wish you had done it differently? All part of getting life right you might think.

Many of us recognize our mistakes, after the fact. In fact I would say that we lie awake at night thinking about the day and wondering. . . This then leads to reliving past mistakes, or as the bible calls them, sin. And this then brings to mind other deeper sins and on and on and on. I have good news, don’t sweat it.

There are two things about our memory of past circumstances and situations and wrong decisions. The first is, they are there to remind us that we should never do that again. NEVER! That’s a good thing. My father once told me to “learn from my mistakes because you probably wouldn’t live long enough to make them all yourself”. Learning from our mistakes is so beneficial in getting better at life. Maybe God had something to do with that part of our memory.

I believe the second dimension about our memory is that we remember the mistakes that God has forgiven us for. The Bible tells me in Isaiah 43:25, “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.” Even when we lay awake at the thought of what we have done wrong, we remember for our future good, and God forgets because He can forgive us when sometimes we can’t forgive ourselves.
And maybe He sets the example for us to follow in His steps with other.


Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home