Robin's Nest

Monday, January 11, 2016

One More Grocery Cart

I am no longer a fan of crowds. Going to a hockey game is not on my radar or the Super Bowl either. I know it seems strange for a minister to not like crowds but loves to see every seat in the sanctuary filled. But that is how it is with me. At one time I really enjoyed the energy you felt when you were part of something that was big, energizing, engaging and moving. Today, I would rather just sit back and watch the rerun on tv.
Sometimes I even get frustrated with going to the grocery store on a busy Saturday morning. Seems like so many buggies in my way. People stop with their buggy in the middle of the isle and stand in a way no one can get by and eventually they turn and say, “Sorry”. Right! It’s wonderful when everyone is going in the same direction row after row. But what decade did that last happen? Did you know that all grocery stores are designed after one pattern? Did you also know that the food you should eat is on the sides and back of each store and not in the middle? Just thought I would help. I calm myself before going in to the store because I know what is ahead of me.
But think about this, in that grocery store you are one of two things, either you are holding up traffic or else you are moving with everyone else. It’s the same with the Church of Jesus Christ. Now I'm not just talking about a particular church building but the church as a whole. You are either holding it back or helping to keep it moving forward. Which takes me to the scripture that tells us something in His own words, Jesus said, “I will build my church…” If that is true, where do we stand? Are we all in the way, preventing it from growing or are we moving forward following the lead of Christ to help make it happen?  I believe we all need to be part of the solution not the problem. Only you can answer that. But answer it. And then get in line behind Him. And by the way, try not to think about this the next time you are in a crowded grocery store.
Something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home