Robin's Nest

Monday, February 22, 2016

Too Much Time With Junk



So many times I have tried to clean off my desk but someone keeps coming along and piles it high again and again. Maybe I should just put a 52 litre garbage bin beside the desk and every time it starts to get to the point where I can’t see the top anymore, push everything into the pail, to the curb on Friday morning and be done with it. I feel better already just thinking about it.
Yes, I know that isn’t the solution but it sure makes things a lot easier. That is until I start to go looking for something. Maybe I have too many somethings. I thought about that last week and started advertising on kijiji some of my old stuff I no longer really need. Wouldn’t you know it, I had some people come over and buy this stuff because, I assume, they needed it more than I did. Almost felt like getting paid for keeping all this junk for too many years.
Then I went driving up north of Burlington and came across a huge storage building where people store acres of stuff they don’t have room for in their homes and garages. Made me rush home and place some more ads. Someone once said to me that the best home is one that has a place for everything and everything in its place.  My problem and maybe yours is, too much everything and not enough places.
This again led to a conversation with my brother over putting a potential storage area in the top of my garage. Now, I have to tell you, sometimes he is pretty brilliant. He said don’t do it because you will probably fill it and if it’s not there, no more junk. I took his advice.
Maybe that’s our problem. We have too much stuff that distracts up from the things that are most important. Things like family and friend and birthday parties. Nice warm evenings drinking hot chocolate while talking with the one you love. And talking about love, going to where ever it is that you meet with God and spending time with Him, reading the words of The Book, and hearing Him whisper His words of love to your heart. That’s got to be the best way to spend your time. Not spending time with your stuff but with the one who said, “I so loved the world (ME). . ." What do you think?
Sure is Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home