Robin's Nest

Monday, January 25, 2016

Time After Time



I caught myself the other day, looking out the window and wishing the snow fall would soon be over.  Indirectly I was wishing for the time to disappear because I knew there was two more hours of the white stuff in the air. Okay, wishing my life away. Now that I’m ‘at a curtain age’ I also find myself asking, ‘where has the time gone?’ And also wishing, 'I wish I had more time'. Have you done that? With one stroke of the pen, wished your life away and with the next stroke realized that time is passing and for some, life is passing you by and you can’t do anything about it.  Or can you?
This reminds me of an article I ready a couple of years ago. Or was it ten years ago. Doesn’t matter. It read that baby boomers never looked far enough into the future to ever think they would reach retirement age. Well, guess what? We’re Here!
Another line we are told is to make the most of the time we have while others tell us to take time to do the things that are important to you. Maybe I’m strange but I don’t remember any dates of life changing moments in my life. Dr Phil calls them ‘Defining Moments’. Can’t tell you the year I had my open heart surgery, or when I finished my education or even when I finished working at Ford. They are a blur in the annals of my life.  The thing is, I do remember the moments. But for me, the date is not important. I’m only speaking for myself.
Here is what I deem important. I accepted Christ into my life sometime around 1962 and He has been with me ever since. Every day I talk to Him and He answers my every question, answers pray in a way that He is honoured and worshiped, and I sometime realize that He is here just smiling. Every day we should be thankful for the day God has given us. Every day we need to make the best of our life here on earth, but also, prepare for our eternal life which is yet to come. It will be a place where time will have no finish, just time to sit at Jesus feet.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home