Robin's Nest

Monday, December 14, 2015

Hurry

Is your schedule full? Are you running out of time and energy, let alone money at Christmas? Some people categorically bundle all this doing into what is called the Christmas Spirit. Really? If this is true, this whole month is awesome and amazing and I want more hustle and bustle. Invite me to your open house for the holiday. Call me up and I’ll be there, I want more and more of the Christmas Spirit.

I’m even willing, if it doesn’t fit into my already crowded schedule, to show up a day before your event and be the sampler for your future guests. Not too sure about showing up the next morning for leftovers though. This had me thinking of the mountain of presents to be purchased and wrapped, and in some situations, delivered or mailed before the big day. This really came to me while in church this past Sunday. I thought something was missing. Didn’t take me long to realize there are no gifts under the tree. Maybe they aren’t supposed to be here. Maybe they are just to show up under the tree in our homes. Something more for me to think about.

I found an answer for all the parties, hustle and bustle, the crowded schedule, presents, visiting, singing, decorating, sweeping the rain (lol) and that answer is to follow the advice of Nike – “Just Do It”. Be part of this amazing season of Advent where we not only connect with the people we share our lives with, but relish the experience of being with people we love and people who love us back.

Isn’t that what God wanted when He sent His Son at Christmas? He not only wants to be at our parties and with us Christmas morning around the tree, but He wants to be here loving us and being love back. This Sunday just happens to be LOVE Sunday. For He sent His Son as the most amazing Christmas present for each and every one of the world’s people, past, present and future. He came to present us with God's love and He is still with us today bring love, joy, peace and hope. Just a suggestion, never make your schedule so full that you don’t have time for Him this Christmas. After all, isn’t it Jesus birthday celebration?

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home