Robin's Nest

Monday, January 04, 2016

Simple?

Is it me? Or do you also feel that all of life is too complicated? And nothing seems simple anymore.  What’s with that? Used to be you could ask a simple question and get a simple answer. Take for instance when I had a problem with my computer. I would call up someone who knows what he is doing and he would say, press this, click on that, hit enter and bingo, it was back to normal. Yes of course I had to hear the same lecture that the problem happened because of operator’s error. Can’t get it fixed that easily today, no sir. Unhook all those wires, clean off all the dust, carry it out to the car, drive two hundred miles to the tech’s business, take it in, tell all about the problem, drive back two hundred miles, wait for a phone call, drive back two hundred miles, open the wallet, get the lecture again, drive home while picking up my twelve year old grand-daughter who will hook up all those wires and then drive her home. Just so I can go back on the computer and screw it up again within a month.
Ok, it’s much simpler with the laptop. But really, does life have to be so complicated? It’s not just with computers either. Our microwave oven now has more buttons than the cockpit of a 747. Even more than the 85 buttons on the tv remote. Did I tell you I fixed the tv? It’s so simple now. Really simple. I canceled the cable and now I only use four buttons, on, volume up or down and off.  You see, I only get one channel. Boy can you get a lot of things done when there is only one station that has nothing to watch on it. Simple, and to tell you the truth, I love it.
Just that one thing has made life a little simpler for me. Life is still complicated and probably always will. It’s just part of being in the world we live in. Most of us deal with it well and do what we can to be aware of what life has in store for us tomorrow and all our tomorrows.
We also need to realize that God made Himself know to us simply. He knew we had our own agenda and even though He wanted a relationship with His ultimate creation, He realized that He would have to come to us. He came in the person of His Son, who came to this world not to just show us how to live an amazing life but He came to pay the price for our sins. Sin is what separated us from a perfect God in the first place.  You can read all about it in one simple verse. “God so loved the world that He sent His Son, that whoever believes in Him will live forever”.  Simple, right?
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home