Robin's Nest

Monday, November 30, 2015

Wise Men Still Seek HIM



It’s all in the name.  Or so they say. I was thinking about names this week. Your name, my name, everyone’s name. Our parents pick them, and sometimes they have been picked generations ago. My two middle names come to me through many generations, ‘William John’. It was my grandfather’s name and his father before him. Even my brother’s name came the same way, ‘James’ except from the other line.
Many people change their name for convenience. Many shorten or use their middle name. Here’s a thought, I don’t think I could call, William, the grandson to the throne of England, ‘Bill’. Just saying. My thinking is, your name tells everyone who you are. Again with me, am I a Robert, Rob, Bob, or even my family name, Robin?  
A word of wisdom for the men out there. I learned from a very amazing husband and father that he never referred to his wife as ‘her’. it was always by name. I also learned a couple of wonderful things about our names from the bible. In one of our church songs we sing; ‘There’s a new name written down in glory, and it’s mine. . . ‘ That line comes from a verse at the end of Revelations 21. Take a quick look at it.
But the best verse that we have in the bible concerning names is found in Philippians; “God exalted Him . . and gave Him the name that is above every name . . .at the name of Jesus every knee should bow . . . and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord . . .” The Wise Men came first to bow and confess. We at Christmas will follow in their footsteps, coming before the Prince of Peace to bow down and worship Him. Now, ask yourself if this line is true, “Wise Men still seek Him.”
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home