Robin's Nest

Monday, May 18, 2015

Alpha & Omega



As many of you know, I love early mornings. This morning is no different. Way before five am. I heard the Robins singing. It’s was still dark but they must know more than we do. They see the morning coming before we can. They see the beauty of the first rays of sun from their high perch. A few more birds join in and their amazing chorus make me think. . .
Within minutes it’s my turn to notice the hint of morning way off in the north east. God has given us another day. That early the sounds of life are faint. Not much going on just before five. The wind is hushed, the silence is deafening and I feel, see, and experience the wonderful silence. What an amazing morning. The sun bids me and you to get up and take every opportunity this day will have.
Similarly, the night gives us the same opportunity but in reverse. The Robins are now silent. The noise of the traffic is slowly but surely diminishing and the silence is beginning to return. Off in the west the last rays of the sun paint the most exquisite painting our eyes have ever seen. It’s only there for a moment and its changes, darkens and is gone forever, another day.
As the wind’s whisper in the trees also quietens, I know, the day is almost at an end. Soon, we will all be quiet as well. Our heads on our pillows, our prayers said to the God who orchestrated the day, and we are left staring at the ceiling knowing we made it through. It’s almost as if our thoughts turn to reliving some of what transpired though our day and we are at peace.
We realize how significant the beginning and the end of our days are. At those times I think of, “Be still and know that I am God.”  In the bible I also think about this when God said, “I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.” Almost makes me think, If He is the beginning and the end, than we can leave the middle stuff to Him as well.
Something to think about.    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home