Robin's Nest

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

yesterday - TODAY - tomorrow

“I’ll do it tomorrow.” Many of us have used that line. Some of us use it all too often. It’s quite the statement when you really think about it. But what are you really saying? I think what we are saying is, and I include myself in this, first, it’s not important right now and second, I have time to get to it some other time. In most cases it is probably true but not in all cases. Life changing decisions need to be dealt with at the time. I can put off washing the car until Friday but I can’t put off sending off that job application. I can do the dishes tomorrow but I can’t wait for another time to do the assignment that is due now.

Here is something else. There are things we can put off and others that we need to do right now to make our lives more enjoyable. ie – Not feeling well and knowing you need to see a doctor. I know someone who put off going to university and now – they think it’s too late. To which I say, “It’s never too late”. Which makes me ask, is there a time when it’s really too late? MMMMM. Here is something else to add to the discussion.  If you have something to do and you get to it right away, you have a long time to enjoy whatever you have done. Paint a picture, enjoy for the rest of your live. Plant a garden and enjoy God’s beauty until the first frost of fall.

Today you have something to do, something that will enrich your life, something that you should not put off until tomorrow because today is the time, and something that will change your life forever. No, I’m not going to tell you about seizing the day or anything like that. I just want to encourage you to do what you need to do so the joy of having a whole life to enjoy it is available to you. Yes, that includes accepting Christ today and living the rest of your life with Him in your heart. 2 Corinthians 6:2 reads in part; ‘I tell you, now is the time of God’s favour, now is the day of salvation’.

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home