Robin's Nest

Monday, November 24, 2014

Hibernating



Recently I read an article that suggested that we humans should take a lesson from some animals and hibernate in the winter. That statement had me thinking about what that would mean.  For some, it might mean giving up our jobs and stay home. Close the door from the inside and just, well, you know. Okay, it doesn’t have to be so dynamic. We can just stay inside out of the cold every chance we get.
How many times have you woken up to the alarm clock and said to yourself, ‘self, these covers are so nice and warm.’  How many times have you wanted to just stay where you are and let the world continue along on its own merry way without us. Yes, me to. At one time in my life I jumped out of bed and started my day racing head on into what was coming at me and just, shall I say it, I Seized the Day. I’m human everyone, and in the winter, right now as the wind howls outside, it feels so wonderful to hunker down and stay on the right side of the glass.
If this fellow is right, and I’m assuming he is, then winter can be a wonderful time to stay inside and just take things slower. Might be a great time to get home from work as the sun sets way too early, sit in the comfy chair with a large mug of hot chocolate, and read a good book. . .
And maybe that book could/should be The Good Book. Did you know that Bible is the Greek word for BOOK? You see, even if we are like those other animals, spring will be here soon and Jesus said in the BOOK, in Matt 28, GO! Hibernate, read the Book and prepare to GO.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home