Robin's Nest

Monday, November 17, 2014

please



When I was real young I began to learn words that would change my life. My wonderful parents gently prodded me and I’m assuming everyone experienced this, to use the “magic words”.  The first one was easy, ‘please’.  It doesn’t take long for most children to realize that if you use this one word, things are much easier when you ask for something. Unfortunately life didn’t stay that simple did it? Those selfsame parents quickly added other words like ‘Thank you’. I quickly realized these words also worked their magic.
Strange how three little words could change our lives completely; especially when our parents held firm, if we didn’t use them nothing would happen. When it was my turn to teach my children, they went through the same training and yes, they now have passed it on to their children.
Life never stayed simple. As we grew and matured, we learned a few more important words. They were words that also changed our lives. Still do. Here are a few of the other words we learned that changed our lives; ‘sorry’, ‘yes’, ‘I love you’. We each have a special word that comes to mind.  Now, we are grown adults and our short phrases or singular words have changed once more. We use things like, ‘Can I help?’, ‘Thank you very much’, ‘How’s your day?’ and even, ‘We’re proud of you’.
The best ones were always the ones we really meant. Do you remember being told (forced) to say to someone that you were sorry? Mom would have us stand there and sternly say, “Go ahead, say you’re sorry!” But you never meant it. Today, many of us realize not just how important those words and phrases were and are, but how significant they are in our lives. Sometimes they make our day, and other times they are all we need to hear. And, we not only use them with each other but we also say them to God.
These words are important when we talk to God. We say we are sorry when we realize we are not living up to His ideal for our lives. When we realize our lives are wonderful, meaningful and amazing we turn to Him and say, ‘Thank you.’ There are even times when we cry out to Him through tears and plead, ‘please!’. Here’s the deal, God wants nothing but the best for us. I imagine that He is there, close by us and smiling when we come to Him and say, please and thank you. Even more so when we say, ‘Lord, I love you.’ Have you taken the time lately to tell Him?
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home