Robin's Nest

Monday, October 13, 2014

It's Not The Last

I heard someone say this could be the last of it. Almost like opening the fridge and finding a couple of ounces of milk in the container. Yes, enough for a coffee but not near enough for the bowl of dry cereal that you just poured. Might even be the last of the paint and you need, ‘just a bit more’.  But this means, getting in the car, driving to the store, realizing you forgot what colour it was, driving back home, picking up the lid to the dry empty paint can and going back to the store. Once you are there you have to buy more paint than you really need to finish the job. But that is okay, because you will know that sometime down the road, before the new can dries up, you will need it for touch up.
But really, it’s not fun when you get to the last of it. For kids it’s getting to the last piece of pizza. Five youth sitting around a twelve piece pizza and who gets the last two pieces. Inevitably it’s not me. I think we should never almost finish anything that is to go back in the fridge. Use it up and start new. Yup, that’s what I think and I’m going to stick with it.
What I really heard was this could be the last of the warm weather for this season. Notice I said season. Warm weather might take a few months to return, but it will. And I will be first in line to welcome it. Nothing so wonderful as watching the warm sun rising in the eastern sky to warm our faces. God’s Son does that at well, but He warms our hearts.
And this is not the last of the church. There are so many articles about the death of the institutional church. Let me reassure everyone, this won’t be the last of it. Even if it's true that 4000 churches will close this year in North America, it's not the last. Well, I for one am not going to let it happen because I will do everything I can to help Jesus build His church. It’s not mine. It’s His. When it becomes mine, yes, it may be the last of it.  My bible tells me about Jesus saying something that is as fresh today as when He said it.  “I will build my church”.  Interestingly, He said it before the church even began. This is what I do know: Christianity is growing faster than any other religion in the world, and we can be part of it's growth.
One day, we will all wake up to who Jesus is and the church here will becomes the church that shines like the sun, or is that Son.
Something to think about.
RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home