Robin's Nest

Monday, August 25, 2014

Unexpected

Do you like getting surprise gifts? You know, the one that comes for no reason. I was in a conversation one day a few years ago, talking about kids toys and the ones we wanted so badly when we were young. For my part I mentioned MiniBrix. Well, one of those with us had some. A few weeks later he just showed up at my door with his stash and just said, “You will appreciate these more than me”. I was so excited.
Another time, another friend heard me talk about clocks and watches. Well, wouldn’t you know it, they showed up at church a little while later and gave me an old pocket watch. To them, it was just another old item in the drawer that had little or no value. The interesting thing is, I told John it’s not just an ordinary everyday watch. It’s special. I suggested I would get it fixed and he could pass it on to one of the children or grandchildren. He would not hear of it because he wanted someone who would appreciate it to have it. I felt honoured.
It got me to thinking about all those old things sitting in our cupboards and drawers. Do you ever, sometimes, feel like those long forgotten items? You find yourself sitting quietly at night, wishing someone would call, knowing it would be nice to hear from someone, anyone. I want you to know, you have them to and you could be the one that makes the call or goes over for a visit. Forget about texting or emailing, or even sending a card or letter in the snail mail. I know everyone loves to hear someone say their name. Now, Remember that wonderful feeling of having that individual in your life? Well go and dig that friendship, relationship up out of the dusty drawer of life. Do it while we all have the time.
And while you are at it, Jesus never puts us in a drawer and forgets about us. Just call His name and He will be there. Didn't He say, "when you search for me you will find me".
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home