Robin's Nest

Monday, October 06, 2014

HELP



HELP! Life is like that sometimes. We realize our shortcomings and cry out.  Just yesterday I was working on something important and I wanted it done right, so I called my brother and went over. Going to him is easy because I know he can do it right and he has all the right tools for doing it right.  In all, it took him maybe five minutes. No idea how long it would have taken me. Lucky for most of us, we have individuals in our lives that can step in and HELP when we call. The HELP can be as trivial as taping a hole in a piece of metal, to replacing a hot water tank, like my neighbour did for me this past week. I just love it when the people around us are there for us. Just give a call and they come running. Well, maybe we are the ones that doing the running to them.
This makes me think about the problems we face as we go through this life. Something, sometimes things get the better of us and we go to those closest to us for help. It’s a different type of HELP. Maybe that is why God gave us all ‘best friends’.  I’m lucky I have a number of best friends. Have you ever heard someone say this to you: “I’m here for you!” Sure you have. It’s a nice feeling to know someone is not only there for you but they’ve got your back. And sometimes, we have their back when they can call on us. 
I believe God created Best Friend for just this very purpose; to have someone stand with us when we need someone to lean on. But never forget, Jesus is always there. Late at night, when we are all alone and the night is seems so long and so dark, Jesus shows up, because we yelled HELP! In those moments, call His name. After all, He is the one that said, “I will never leave you, nor forsake you”.  Leave means just that, He is not going anywhere, and forsake, well that means God will never give up on you.
And that my friends, is something to think about.   
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home