Robin's Nest

Friday, June 13, 2014

Just Want to Talk

Many, many years ago, my two daughters and I created a routine for ending yet another day. This was way back before the electronic age. When there were no cell phones, computers or ipads, ipods. It was something we always looked forward to each night.
Even back then I was always the first one to bed and would crawl into bed at an early hour. Did I mention crawling? The girls always seemed to be still full of energy that spilled over on each other and my bed. In those precious moments that I can still relive in my mind, we spent some quality time together.  Mostly I would just lie there and listen.  That was the easy part. You see, by then my eyes were more than half closed and sleep was waiting for the silence to return to my room after they scampered out and off to their own respective rooms.
In those last few minutes of each day, we talked or I should say, they talked about their day, how school was, what was on for the next day and just a lot of sharing and talking and and and and. As I reflect back on those early night time visits I smile. It was a wonderful time, beautiful time, amazing time, where the rest of the world stayed on the other side of the walls of our home.
Today I sit here in the quiet of the evening, after enjoying a quiet Father’s Day, just thinking back and hearing those voices and the laughter. I can also remember the same scenario happening with me when I meet with my heavenly Father after the girls bounced off the bed and off to their own beds. God and I had time to talk.  I told him about my day and thanked Him for everything. I told Him my plans for the next day, the people in my life that I was concerned about and especially for strength to get through whatever was coming the next day. We laughed and smiled and we just talked. . . .and its still going to happen again tonight.
Are as lucky as me? He waits for us to bounce into His presence, just to talk.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home