Robin's Nest

Monday, March 31, 2014

One Family or Another

Anybody out there into Genealogy? Just thought I would ask because I am. Found out some fascinating information through the years. Some things come from a generation back and some eight generations back. Every family has their our villains and our very own rouges. So, don't try to deny it. If we are really fortunate we have exemplary family members we like to talk about more than the others. When we think of them, we smile as we consider the reality that their blood runs through out veins. As I sit here I think of my grandfather who was my hero, and pray that I have lived up to a life that he would be proud of.

I’ve been told that one of my infamous relatives was a rum runner between England and France. But I also know one relative was a close friend of John & Charles Wesley and this relative brought Methodism to USA and ultimately to Hay Bay Ontario. Which one do I want to associate with? You guess.
A connection to a first order Methodist is wonderful but we all have direct connections to the first order of Christendom. Yes, we do.  Steve Brown loves to tell everyone that everyone related to Jesus is related to every one who is related to Jesus and the other way around. It doesn’t matter who they are or what side of the theological fence they are sitting on. The truth is, if you are related to Jesus, you are related to me. Hope you don’t mind this bro.  So get out your phone and take a selfie with all the rest of this amazing family.  And you might consider singing along together.
"I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God. . ."
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home