Robin's Nest

Monday, May 12, 2014

GPS & Beyond



Have you ever felt lost? I'm referring to those times where we are to go somewhere and be someplace at a certain time and we, shall I say it, get lost. There are times when we neither know where we are or where we are going. That’s lost. Lots of comic relief out there and I can hear you thinking of men who never stop to ask directions. But that is another discussion for another time knowing that being lost can be a thing of the past.
Which leads me to our going through this new electronic age. It probably started with GPS.  And for you who have one you know it stands for Global Positioning Systems. These fascinating devices can take you from where you are to where you want to be. Well, most of the time. Not so with the unfortunate fellow that drove off the pier one evening… GPS was a great improvement on the former way of finding your way around. Let me call that device, Passenger Navigator.
Then we had our computers, which now come in many forms. You can go to Google Maps or Mapquest and presto, you discover how to get where you are going. For some that too is already old hat. These individuals now reach for their phones and, if you have one of those, ‘Apps’ on your phone, you can also get to where you need to go and get there on time. Does anyone remember when phones were for only making phone calls? All these devices give you times and route and even in some cases, alternate routes due to traffic congestion. No, don’t start singing, “I’ve Been Everywhere”.
What an amazing electronic age we are in. Which leads me to the BOOK. I believe the Bible is our GPS for life. It guides us and moves up from being lost, to being found as we read in Luke 19:10, “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” This one is the best even when we feel lost in the crowd.  Jesus Christ comes to us and takes our hand and leads us to where we need to be. That means never being lost again.
Now we can sing, “And he walks with me And He talks with me, And He tells me I am his own; And the joy we share as we tarry there, None other has ever known.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home