Robin's Nest

Monday, April 14, 2014

First Flower On A First Day

Did you enjoy last Sunday? Wasn’t it wonderful? And it was Palm Sunday to boot.  The temperature went up, the sun came out and you & I had the wonderful ‘to-do’ list in hand screaming for attention. So, what did you do? How many things were crossed off the list before you decided to take a break, sit outside in that long lost patio chair and just chill. Yes, chill on a warm day. Awesome.
If your day moved along like mine, I would hazard a guess to say, not much was accomplished. You may have accomplished a couple of things and, well, decided it was time to just sit and enjoy our first God given, amazing day. For me it all came to a crashing halt when I sat and untangled one of our many wind chimes. Just sitting in the chair and working at the sixteen strings for the eight tubes and that was me done. By this time I was enjoying the sitting a little too much.
It was then that everything changed and the comfortable chair, warm sunshine and the chatter of the birds brought a stop work order. It came from somewhere in my contented mind. I justified it by rationalizing the wind came up pretty strong. Blew things around, slammed newly seasonally opened door closed and even blew the plastic screen out of the door, inward I might add. Did I mind? Not at all.
This gave me time to take notice of the bulbs finally poking themselves up through the unfrozen ground. Nice. Even enjoyed two individual crocuses standing tall and adding wonderful colour to a rather brown leafed un-raked flower bed.  That would be number seventeen on that list now stuffed deeply in my left back pocket.
Then I added something else to my excuse for sitting, I remembered it’s going to be cold on Tuesday. Maybe I might just need to wait a few more days before getting back to the list. And that is okay.  While I’m waiting these next few days, I will keep preparing myself for Easter. Lent is not over. We are still on our forty day journey to get so close to God we can hear His voice whispering through the trees.
Something to think about from my lawn chair.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home