Robin's Nest

Monday, March 24, 2014

Just - Do - It!



I was at the gym the other day and noticed something. I noticed it before but for some reason it really clicked in this time. I noticed all too well that none of us are at the same place physically. Like myself, there were people there who are not in the best shape of their lives. Some would say, loosing the battle. Others work out and have worked at it for decades. Don’t say anything but some have been there for 20 years and it hasn’t helped. People come in all types of shapes and sizes and I am proud to be part of this gym where people are at least trying to get in better shape than they have been.
One lady that day looked like she has just joined and I wanted to go up to her, introduce myself and welcome her and encourage her. But then I was afraid she might ask how long I have been at the gym and by looking at me, she might have thought I just joined and she might have been discourage by the lack of progress with my body over these last thirty years and quit before she got started.
The best part - we get up, get there and try. The same is true for each one of us who have come to Christ. We get up, open our bible, go to the church, pray, and meet with others who are also looking to get in better spiritual shape than we have been. We go to churches that fit our personality and look for the Christ who meets us where we are. We connect with all the other Christ followers who are also trying to get better. Even though we are at different places in our journey, we are all there to help each other. It’s part of who we are. He helps us and maybe we can encourage those who are just starting. Can even be excited for those further along who lend us a hand. After all, we have the same goal. The goal; to get to the end of the line where we look into Jesus eyes and hear Him say, “Well Done!”
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home