Robin's Nest

Monday, March 10, 2014

Reading and Writing

It’s been a long time. A very long time.  No, not long in relations to dinosaurs. The long time ago relates to that fateful day I began writing these articles. Well over seven hundred have passed out of the ends of my finger tips and into your mind. Some of you have been here from the very beginning. Back then you put up with a struggling young writer, trying desperately to say something that might vaguely connect everyday life with an ever present God. Or maybe it’s the other way around?

Over these years we have all noticed that times have changed. Not only has life changed but we have change. Society changed, and it’s still changing as it drags us kicking and screaming into the future. Most of us don’t like change, well, deal with it. When I started writing, tv’s and land line phones were the norm, not computers, not cell phones. Well, except for the rich and famous.  Some of my early articles have been lost to the crashing of old computers, deletes that were un-intentional or I just forgot to click on “save”. Maybe that’s for the better. But then again, God is unchanging, 'The same yesterday, today and forever.'

In all these articles and years I have prayed that you have learned something about being a child of God. If truth be told, we have all grown in our faith through these snippets in time. After writing, and in your case, reading, I pray you turn from this to your bible. Much better writers there. If only one thing is true, it would be that I have grown while writing. Before sitting down at the computer, I have seen how God steps into time and space and touched lives and changes people. I have seen children look up into the eyes of their parents and noticed a glimpse of God in dad’s eyes. I’ve seen the eyes of the elderly light up as they shared the most intimate moment of their lives when they felt the pull of God on their heart strings many decades before. And, at times we have even enjoyed a smile every once and a while as we read these fleeting words in our area paper and recognized something of ourselves. Thanks for joining me on this amazing journey. He still loves each and every one of us. That will never change. I pray that through all this time you will have grown closer to Christ. I also pray that you have experienced many moments where you had Something To Think About.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home