Robin's Nest

Monday, March 17, 2014

Snowbells




Do you agree that it’s been a long time coming? We have indeed been waiting.  By long I mean maybe five months. Well actually it has been more than 135 days of cold wintery weather. Seems much longer. If my memory serves me correctly, our winter started the first day after Halloween.  For those who don’t think spring will ever arrive, I’m here to tell you it will and it has.  Just the other day I took note of the snow bells sticking their beautiful white heads up through the snow. I know where they are in our garden so I went looking for them. Actually, we placed them out near the front sidewalk so we could share this momentous occasion with everyone.
Many of us are delighted to see them and to now realize that spring has indeed come. You may have even heard the song of your first Robin, and it wasn’t me. In many ways, spring is a new beginning, especially with these first evidence of it. New life is starting to come to our gardens, and to our lives. I look at Easter as just that, the evidence of new life. Just like when we first accepted Christ into our lives and we were born again into the family of God. It was the spring of our spiritual lives and the evidence of a new beginning. It was a wonder to behold. God knows. He knows when we need a spring in our world just as He knew when we need a spring in our spiritual life.
It is time for a new start but not just in our world. We also need a new spring in our spiritual life, a renewed commitment to Christ. A new beginning don’t you think?
Isaiah 45:8
“You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the Lord, have created it.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home