Robin's Nest

Monday, January 27, 2014

I Can, Through Christ



All of us realize very early in life that we can’t do everything. As hard as we try, there are just some things that we are unable to do. This is not saying there are not thousands of great and wonderful things we can do. In another sense, face it, as hard as you try, a five foot basketball player is not going to set the court on fire with his skills. It’s not because he is not talented or thinks he is good it. It’s just because there will always be much taller people who tower above him. For me, physics! Not going to happen. Not because I don’t think I can do. It’s based on me not wanting to. Henry Ford once said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right”. Many things in life we won’t be able to do and that’s fine. Maybe we are not necessarily supposed to. Do you think God might give that to someone else?
A long time ago I heard the story of how God talked to a man and asked him to go out and push at the big stone in the field near his home. He went out day after day and tried but to no avail. After a time of pushing he went back in his home totally dejected. He said he was tired of pushing and not moving the rock. It was then that God spoke to him again and said, “Why have you stopped pushing”? The dejected man replied, “I’ve tried but I can’t move it”. God said to him, “I didn’t ask you to move it, I just asked you to push”.
Sometimes we all feel like that. Fortunately for us, we can read a couple of verses in our bibles to help us. First there is 2 Corinthians 12:9. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. Think about that for a day or two. Does it make sense to you?
The second one we need to imprint on our minds. It's found in Philippians 4:13. “I can do all this through him who gives me strength”. When we read this verse we are reassured that when we get to the end of our rope, we let God take the end.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home