Robin's Nest

Monday, January 20, 2014

What a Day That Will Be



It is never a good feeling when someone hurts our feeling. Then again, some people do it unknowingly. Maybe the line is true, ‘hurting people hurt people’. Knowing this makes me pray for a time when I won’t hurt others and I don’t feel hurt any longer. At the same time I also pray you don’t hurt or feel hurt either. Deep down inside of me is a longing to get to a place in life where I experience long warm sunny days and cool calm nights where warm temperatures surround us all with the feeling that it is well with my soul. A place where we don’t go to work but work at doing something that fulfills our deepest needs.  Have you felt that way? By the way, it’s not called retirement, trust me.
I remember listening to someone a long time ago, after an unfortunate incident say something like; “Oh well, what’s done is done”. God has given each and every one of us a heart that knows right from wrong. It’s there within us. He put it there. We know what it feels like to feel hurt at one time or another. It’s not nice and we would love for it to never happen again. Maybe that is why it has happened to us. It could be Gods way of teaching us how it feels so we never want someone else to feel as we did.
That dream, where we never feel hurt is actually coming. It comes when we step across the threshold of heaven and look into the face and eyes of Jesus Christ. When He calls us home we will start living this indescribable dream as we sing the words of James Hill’s 1955 song;
There is coming a day, when no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye
All is peace forever more, on that happy golden shore
What a day, glorious day that will be.
In the meantime, I’m going to tenaciously try to bring a little bit of heaven into my life and the people I love. How about you?
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home