Robin's Nest

Monday, January 13, 2014

Morning & Evening of The First Day



One of the best times to notice delightful things is when you are all alone. Other times it's perfect to share the experience. It was that alone time the other morning as I drove to church.  The sky was that inky black as I started on my morning commute. Not much to notice on mornings like this. Didn’t matter which way you looked, it was black to the left and blacker to the right. That was until the wonder of nature reared its head just before I arrived in town. Off to the east I had opportunity again to notice that sliver of muted light off in the far distance, over across the barren snow covered farmer’s fields.

Gave me pause as I meandered through the words of the song written by Eleanor Farjeon, “Morning has broken, like the first morning”. Couple of hours earlier I had read about the incredible beauty of the first hour of dawn and the last hour of day. In those moments, depending on if you are an early bird or a night owl, we can catch a glimpse, not just of the beauty of nature but the brush strokes of our God.

Someone once said, “We can see God in everything we see, so don’t just find Him in nature”. That person knew the truth. I read in Genesis 5:1; When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. God’s greatest creation is you and me. The next time you meet someone; open your eyes to see in them something of God. Then ask yourself if that person sees something of God in you.

Morning has broken, like the first morning

Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird

Praise for the singing, praise for the morning . . .


Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home