Robin's Nest

Monday, September 24, 2012

Hurry Up - And Slow Down



Have you ever been in too much of a hurry?  On the highway I watch people go by me at great rates of speed and I assume they have not planned their time well.  I’m doing 110 and I have no idea what speed they are going. Well, I ended up being in a hurry the other night. The evening started out normally. I had a mental list of things to do and I had been to one store, wandered about and then focused to find what I was looking for.  Still lots of time before I planned on being home. After checking out and saying to the clerk, “Have fun.” I started home. Half way home I remembered I had forgotten to fill up the tank for the next morning. So I turned around and topped it up. As I turned out of the station I thought I might as well go to another store across the road and just look for a couple of other things I was considering. After all, I was in no hurry. 
Again I just wandered around, found the things I needed and even found the same items I bought at the previous store at a much lower price. Purchased those items as well with the intent of taking the others back the following day. By the time I checked out and said, “Have fun”, time was more than gone and I started to hurry on my way. In my rush, I almost missed something.
Seems everyone has a cell phone now. Everyone from ten year olds to seniors.  So it is not unusual to see almost everyone doing something or other with their phone on the street. As I pulled up to the stop sign, there beside me was a mother with her daughter in a buggy. She was doing something with her phone. Didn’t take long for me to realize, she was taking a picture. I thought, must be something more important than taking a picture of the gas bar. I looked around in the direction she was facing to behold the most amazing sunset. And to think, I would have missed it in my haste had I not noticed her taking that picture.
Here is a thought. As we look to God, maybe, just maybe, we could be the one to make others stop for a minute and look to the God we love and His Son, Jesus Christ.  As we take a picture of God with our hearts and mind, we can also turn others to the reality of His presence, grace and care. And you know, too often, we are all in too much of a hurry to notice God is still there creating beauty just for us to see.

Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home