Robin's Nest

Monday, August 27, 2012

Planning?

Seems like I’m always planning something. Are you the same? Can be as simple as planning dinner, or company coming. Then there is planning for vacation, planning for coming home, and even planning where to stop for coffee and petrol. Our planning for the vacation is quite different here in this corner of Canada. After all we have only two great months to take a well-earned vacation.

But we plan for many other things. Right now, this week many parents and children are getting ready for school to begin. So, the list is made, the stores selected and into the car with card in hand. Now that takes planning. Lots of planning. And how about planning on how to fit in all those football, gymnastic, music and dance lesson?

Beyond our planning of our year and months, we also plan our days. For me the most time spent on moving forward comes on a Saturday evening. All that has to be accomplished on Sunday, yes Bill, one day a week, is put in place the night before. I remember one Saturday. I thought I had everything ready. The next morning I just had to get out of bed, jump into my clothes and dash off. Well, after getting to church and getting all the planned duties done, I realized I left my sermon notes on the desk at the house… Opps. No fear, I knew what it was about.

Planning is part of our lives but is it part of our eternity? This last week I said good-bye to a close friend. He had planned for his eternity with God. To say good-bye is not the whole truth. It is more about saying, “See you again”. Jesus said, “I am going to prepare a place for you”. If He is preparing a place for me and is coming again to take me to where He is, I am confident I am ready to go.

How is your eternal planning going?

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home