Robin's Nest

Monday, July 30, 2012

Wind It Up!

It struck me this morning. I was sitting absorbed in thought about how the day would be unfolding. It was one of those moments where you thinking about this and that. There was nothing too important, but every though part of a normal day, as if there is such a thing as normal. I had picked up one of my many watches to wind and set it. You’re right, it is one of the old ones. To be more precise it is a wrist watch produced a long time ago that winds itself. Then it hit me, every one of us probably needs to be wound up once and a while. The interesting thing about this watch is, it is wound only when you wear it.

As you know me by now, my theme of life is found in Neh. 8:10, “The joy of the Lord is my strength”. With summer upon us we are all thinking about rest and relaxation. A close friend is getting ready for just such a week at the cottage. It takes time and energy to get ready to go and relax. People get wound up about going away for a week. And that is wonderful. Do you get wound up about going away? Do you get wound up looking forward to some holiday, event, or special day?

But what winds us up about going to meet God? What winds us up to recognize that to have the greatest gift of all started with God’s love to His Son. That love is passed on to us. And so we read in John 15:11 the words of Jesus himself; “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you and that your joy may be full.” Maybe, just maybe we need to wear our faith more often and for it to be continually wound up for Jesus. Or how about, do you get wound up on Sunday morning getting ready to go and worship Him?

Now that winds me up. How about you?

See you in church

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home