Robin's Nest

Saturday, August 25, 2012

You and I will never know what’s ahead of us.  No, I’m not talking about driving a car or going in a plane.  I’m talking about life.  We have never been given that luxury. Each day is a new adventure and each day holds challenges and triumphs. This is not something I just discovered.  It’s just something that comes to mind every now and then. This past week was one of those times.
My day planner was full and my own “to do” list came in two versions.  I had a plan and I had goals.  Or so I thought.  It all changed on Thursday when I seemed to have come down with a touch of the flu. As much as I tried, it was a struggle to get up off the chair and get something done. After all, this part of life was not in my plan. Being sick with little energy is not something I’m used to. I don’t get sick that often and this was not what I needed. Especially not this week.
Well, the list had to shortened, my expectations diminished and some things would just have to wait. (They are still waiting for the pneumonia to be gone). I know you know what I am talking about.  Not nice when you're off your game.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those men who will revert to childhood when they are sick. In the middle of how I was feeling, I climbed up four sections of scaffolding and shingled a small section of the roof after taking off three layers of old shingle.  But then I’m not unaware of my short comings and I did take a good number of breaks to build my energy up to finish the job.
This is one more reason why I trust in Jesus and give my life each morning to Him. You see, He knows what’s ahead. He is beyond time and space. He reaches beyond our comprehension and knows what is around the bend. Sometimes even preparing us or warning us of the future. My Saviour loves me enough to know what’s ahead as He walks with me each moment of each day. So I trust in Him to walk beside me just holding my hand.

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home