Robin's Nest

Friday, October 23, 2009

Creating Something From Nothing

I wonder if He’s done? You know, Genesis 2:2. Just so you don’t have to look it up it says, “God had finished the work he had been doing.”. But was that the end? Just the other day, I was out doing some late fall things and I was interrupted by a good number of lady beetles. There were lots of them and later on that night I heard about more of them on the news. I guess it’s their time of the year to make themselves known. Is it the first time I have seen them? No, but not like this. Then there was the news article the other week that told up of 100 new species or animals that humans have never seen before. Some of you will think that is far fetched. After all, we have subdued the world like no other time. How could there be more of what we have never seen?
So, I have to ask myself, is God still in the business of creating? Scientists tell us there are new stars begin created each and every second. My bible also tells me He names every one of them. Wow! That is beyond me.
I remember watching my father a good number of years ago. I was in high school and he worked as a carpenter for the Board of Education. My teacher asked me to make a mechanical drawing up for a new book case he wanted made for his classroom. The next day I was to meet with the man who was going to build it. So, there I waited for him right near where the bookcase would stand. To my surprise, it was my dad who came in the door. I was so proud of my drawing, as I talked about what I drew. He looked at it, measured the opening and said he would be back the next day. I offered him the drawing but he said that wouldn’t be necessary. The next day, dad showed up with the bookcase. He didn’t need it. He had been there before.
Wonder if God is like that? Made something once and knows how to do it again? Doesn’t need a drawing let alone someone to draw it up? Just looks and instantly there is something new. Something never seen before.
If God can do that out of nothing, then what can He do in me, or should I say, with me? I get to think about me as I read the words of David, “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” Ps 51. Not only create but makes something like new.
We are ever changing and being made into the likeness of God. My heart sores as I realize, that God is not only making things every day, but he reaches down to us and seeks to make us new.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home