Robin's Nest

Monday, September 07, 2009

A Little Rain Must Fall

I had never been here before. Out in the middle of no where. What can a person do but to exercise blind trust? Yes, going beyond my better judgement I joined the small crowd of people who had come for the wedding rehearsal out in the middle of a forest. A torrential rain had just gone through as we sat in the car waiting. We found out later, it was more than just a summer thunderstorm. But back to the adventure through the forest. We trekked , over mud and stepped through running water where water doesn’t usually run. Trusting our leader, who was actually the groom, we followed along knowing he not only knew where he was going, but he also had been this way before.
Up and down hills, panting and perspiring. Always thinking, “Are we there yet.” (Yes Anne, I hear you). This is where the wedding will take place? Nice? I had my doubts at the time. It took a little while walking from the parking lot, but we made it. He had not lead us on a wild goose chase.
My human nature kept saying, there has to be an easier way. Later I was to find out there were two that our trusted leader didn’t even know about himself. After getting there I have to say, it was worth the walk. Was it worth the struggling? My shoes would definitely say no, but I have to say it was. Now that I think about it, the best part was taking the journey with everyone else. I shared my umbrella, dodging the water dropping from the trees as the wind continued to move them. As we looked around, on the journey and at that place, we saw the beauty of God’s creation and we experienced it together. It is an amazing place and would be even more amazing on that sun filled wedding day.
Think about it? That is what is happening with us today. We are on our way to what is described in my bible. We are going to the wedding feast. We are following the groom. The one who knows the way. And just like the pathway through the forest, the way to that wedding feast has only one way. And just like that path, so to is our life filled with all kinds of obstacles that get in the way. I’m thinking of the words of Queen, “But into every life a little rain must fall.” In trust we go along together following Christ who goes before us.
One day, we will be getting to heaven and the wedding feast of the Lamb. Enjoy the journey because it will definitely be worth the trip. . . following Him.
Definitely something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home